Wednesday, 30 November 2011

Thank you 2011

This past year I have truly discovered that God has an innate sense of humour, which makes perfect sense when you really think about it. After all we are made in his image and all love to enjoy a belly rolling, eyes tearing laugh every once in a while. So it is only natural that our creator would enjoy the same.

When I first started my walk with Jesus this January it was more a leap of faith than I can put into words. I was at a point where to smile was painful, to do anything was painful; physically, emotionally, mentally my whole body ached from injury. Injuries accumulated over the duration of way too much time away from God and so much time spent in a broken dysfunctional relationship. Now that I have put into context my life at this time you will better understand what I describe next.

I had just handed in my resignation from my job, decided to sell everything in my apartment pack up my little versa and move to a new country 15 hours away from what I knew to be home for most if not all my life. At church the last Sunday before I was to make my big move I was speaking with my pastor and he had a word for me. He told me that he saw a picture of me overflowing with joy, like a spring of water. And there was no pain insight, the joy over took me and I couldn't even remember the pain that I was experiencing at that very moment what was so real to me would be nothing more than a distant memory.

For the past 6 months these words remianed with me, I loved the hope that it brought, to think that God had this promise of such joy waiting for me. I have realized as 2011 is coming to an end and I am forced to look back on the year and all that I encountered that I infact have experienced this vision on more than one occasion. The joy of crossing the pond to a world that I only ever dreamed of exepriencing, the people I met when I was there, the pure joy of seeing a culture that I connected with immediately, the laughter I have shared with new friends and old alike, the warmth that radiated through my body as I saw my very best friend get married this fall, phone conversations that last half the day talking about nothing but enjoying everything, dancing with my father, baking with my sisters, skype dates where I cleaned out my closet and making money off of it, great music discovered, an amazing latte, feeling Jesus right beside me every day of my life, getting back up when I fall, taking on each day as a new challenge, living my life hopeful for the future and respectful of my past, connecting with people in a way that is refreshing and somewhat unknown but invigorating all the same. All I can say is that I feel the spring of overflowing joy, and I am truely greatful for each step I take, even when I am unsure of where my foot will fall.

You have been one amazing year 2011, Thank You!!

No comments:

Post a Comment